Saturday, January 17, 2009

I don't run

I'm still a little shaken up by yesterday's incident - I got caught in some tear gas and my son was in the car with me. I slept well last night, but when I woke up this morning, I could still feel the adrenaline running through my blood. I remembered reading somewhere that when you have a flight or fright response, the best thing you can do is move to convince your body that you are responding to the "flight" response.

So, after I walked my son to school, I decided to go for a walk myself. About two minutes into my walk, I suddenly felt this need to run. I started running, and running, and running. The odd thing is....I don't run. That is the main reason I sucked at high school sports, or at least one of many contributing factors. I guess I was spurred on by the music on my ipod, and the feeling of rain in the air, but I'm guessing that adrenaline must have pretty much saturated my blood.

Now I feel better - a lot better. I feel the calm in my core, and I feel focused again. This may have been the trigger that I needed to kick my butt into "extra vigilence" mode that I should be in anyways when it comes to my security. I am safe now.

No comments: